[SI-LIST] setup & hold Time for source synchronous

  • From: "Issa, Elie" <Elie.Issa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:26:04 -0500

Dear SI Gurus:
I need  your help in verifying some derivation for setup & hold equations
for GTL bus
for source synchronous clocks.

The equation for setup is:
Tco(strobe)min + Tflight(strobe)min - Tco(data)max -Tflight(data)max
-Tsetup= Tmargin_setup

The equation for hold time was:
Tco(data)min    + Tflight(data)min  -Tco(strobe)max -Tflight(strobe)max
-Thold= Tmargin_hold

The skew for the strobe & data  flight time should be very small.  Whenever,
I fit the variable given in the
specs into the equation, the margin comes negative.

I would think that there must be a ValidBefore and ValidAfter variable to be
included in the equation.
Yet the specs claim the ValidBefore is only [Tco(strobe)min-- Tco(data)max].

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Elie