[SI-LIST] relative magnetic permeability of tungsten, molybdenum... proving hard to find

  • From: "WALKER, Mark" <mark.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:11:23 -0000

All, can you help me out with the relative magnetic permeability of a few
conductors?

I've spent most of the afternoon using google and searching through the
numerous engineering, physics & chemistry handbooks in our library, all to
no avail. I'm looking at materials used for MCM conductors plus a few others
for comparison, with a view to analysing the effects on multi-gigabit serial
link type signals.

Ideally, I'd like to complete the following list for relative magnetic
permeability, Ur:

copper, Ur = 1.
gold
molybdenum
tungsten
nickel, Ur in the range 5 to 20 (assume 10) at 1 GHz (see Johnson & Graham,
black magic 2, p267).

However, even if such figures are forthcoming, are they close enough to the
paste like compounds used for MCM conductors?

Cheers,
Mark.

Stevenage,
England.

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259

List archives are viewable at: