[SI-LIST] questions related to of OIF-CEI-11G LR/MR

  • From: "Kumar, Amit J." <amit.j.kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 13:33:20 +0000

Hello Experts,
I have two questions related to OIF-CEI-11GLR/MR standards:

1)      The standard defines transmitter amplitude range as 800mV-1200mV. Does
this mean transmitter+package with a proper transmission should give us
800-1200mV of differential swing or we should not consider package in this?
        If package is to be included, then the bare transmitter amplitude
should be more than 800mV.If it is just 800mV, then introducing package will
degrade the amplitude and we will end up with eye height of less than 800mV.
        A follow up question would be if the package of transmitter should be a
part of channel compliance or its considered part of transmitter entity?

2)      The standard recommends stateye tool  for estimating eye, jitter etc of
the system.  Stateye tool uses reference transmitter and receiver and we can
input our channel there. Is it possible to include our transmitter in stat eye
so that we can validate the compliance of tx as well as channel? If yes,    how
do we do it?

Regards
Amit

List forum  is accessible at: