[SI-LIST] Re: power planes on adjacentlayers crossing each other

  • From: "Cotton, Chris" <Chris.Cotton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ashok15687@xxxxxxxxx'" <ashok15687@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 19:24:07 +0000

It depends on the requirements on your supply voltages and the frequencies you
are trying to run at. If L6 is a noisy 12V plane and L7 is a sensitive analog
plane then noise can couple and cause you issues. It also depends on the
proximity of the planes to each other (L6-L7) and to the nearest GND (L5-L6 or
L7-L8.) But for typical 3.3V supply requirements, what you describe is not
usually a problem.

Chris