[SI-LIST] impedance matching for high freq PCB

  • From: Betty Luk <bl87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:24:54 -0500

Dear SI experts,

I am working on a project to test high speed optoelectronic circuits
(hopefully up to the 1-3GHz range).  I am making a PCB board to drive the
circuit (a CMOS gate).  So I am faced with the problem of matching a 50Ohm
line to almost infinite impedance.

1) Traditional termination schemes using resistors such as parallel and
series termination - up to what frequencies are these methods valid?

2) if not, what other schemes should be considered?

Thank you in advance,
Betty

List archives are viewable at: