[SI-LIST] doubt about crosstalk.

  • From: yun <yunnan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:57:11 +0800

Hi,
I encounted some doubt about crosstalk,hope someone can help me.
1.about ground guard line.
   To reduce long coplanar parellel's crosstalk,we can place a ground guard
line between them.
On my opinion,however,the ground guard line can only terminate the electric
filed,it has no influnce
on magnetic filed.As we know,the forward crosstalk nearly canceled because the
negative polarity
of electric filed couple and magnetic filed couple.So, the forward crosstalk
will be larger when use
the ground guard line than not use the ground guard line.
2.back to back return current crosstalk.
  The pcb layer configuration is sig1-gnd-sig2(just for describe
question),then,both sig1 and sig2 layer's
return currents will all on the same gnd layer.We know that the return currents
will creat crosstalk on  signal
lines.So,will these return currents,created by each side of gnd layer,crosstalk?
Thanks.
yun

List archives are viewable at: