[SI-LIST] diff pair names

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <weston_beal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:53:57 -0700

Hi all,

I'm working on small utility that needs to find differential pairs in PCB
designs. One of the criteria that it uses is the net name. What are the common
net naming conventions that you use or have seen used? These are the ones I am
familiar with:

AAA_P  AAA_N
AAA_P23  AAA_N23
AAA23_P AAA23_N
AAA  AAA_L

where "AAA" is any string of letters that is common to the two net names and
"23" is any numeric string common to the two net names.

Does anyone use T and C to represent TRUE and COMPLIMENT nets?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Weston

List FAQ wiki page is located at: