[SI-LIST] circuit board resonance

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:12:28 -0800

 Hi Everyone,
I have posted my latest Technical Tidbit, this time on board resonance.

Abstract: Current probes can be used to inductively couple voltage pulses
into cables for troubleshooting without needing a direct connection to the
circuit. Using this method, data is presented to characterize the resonance
of two circuit boards connected by a wire and some factors that affect the
resonance.

The structure if two circuit boards near each other and connected by a cable
sets up a resonant circuit that can cause all sorts of problems. This
articleaddresses this issue and shows one way to measure it.

The link to the article is the experimental setup picture at the bottom of
the main page at http://emcesed.com[1] or go to
http://emcesd.com/tt2010/tt010110.htm[2]

Other links on the site you may be interested in:
http://emcesd.com#Newport[3] is my announcement of upcoming seminars in
sunny/warm Newport Beach, California
http://emcesd.com/pdf/testimonial2.pdf[4] is a few testimonials that were
posted on LinkedIn about my seminars.

Have a Happy New Year!

Doug -- ------------------------------------------------------- ___ _ Doug
Smith \ / ) P.O. Box 1457 ========= Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457 _ / \ / \ _
TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799 / /\ \ ] / /\ \ Mobile: 408-858-4528 |
q-----() | o | Email: doug@xxxxxxxxxx[5] \ _ / ] \ _ / Website:
http://www.dsmith.org[6]

--- Links ---
   1 http://emcesed.com