[SI-LIST] Undershoot/Overshoot Violations

  • From: Conrad Herse <herse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:44:07 -0500

We've been having some local discussions/debates on which specs should
be used for evaluating undershoot/overshoot violations: Absolute Maximum
Ratings or Recommended Operating Conditions (assuming they're spec'd
differently).

Of course our preference is to use dynamic overshoot/undershoot specs
when they're available, but often times they are not (particularly for
older components).

So what are folks thoughts on which should be used for
overshoot/undershoot violations, absolute max ratings or recommended
operating conditions? (I personally fall into the recommended operating
conditions camp).

--
Conrad Herse
Alcatel-Lucent