[SI-LIST] Re: The future of si-list

  • From: Ray Anderson <reanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:23:50 -0700

Thank you for the kind words.

As Professor Schutt-Aine mentioned, the list began 10 years ago after we
passed a sheet of paper around the classroom of a signal integrity short
course being co-taught by Professors Jose Schutt-Aine, Raj Mittra and
Paul Franzon. Initially there were about 30 names in the subscriber
database which has grown beyond any expectations we had at the time to a
current total of around 3800 participants.

Without the active participation of all members of the signal integrity
community, both acknowledged experts in the field as well as beginners,
the list would not have grown as it has over the years to become a
useful and viable signal integrity resource to share knowledge and
discuss SI related issues.

In the past 2 decades the practice of signal integrity  has grown from
almost an afterthought in the design process to a mainstream discipline
that is understood to be a most important consideration in high-speed
designs. I'd like to think that si-list may have played at least a small
role in bringing signal integrity issues into the mainstream.

Thanks to all si-list members present and past who have contributed to
the success of si-list.

-Ray Anderson
(si-list administrator)

JESA wrote:

>As a starter/participant to the SI-LIST, I take this opportunity to
>thank Ray Anderson for initiating and managing the si-list activities
>over the past decade.
>
>The SI-LIST is 10 years old. It was launched by Ray in May 1994
>during a short course on signal integrity in San Jose, CA. As we can
>all observe, it is now a resourceful forum  for SI issues.
>
>Thanks for a good initiative!
>Jose Schutt-Aine

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: