[SI-LIST] Re: Still looking for input ....

  • From: John Carrillo <jcarrillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Todd Westerhoff" <twester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:55:12 -0800

If the waveform at the receiver is non-monotonic
with a lot of reflections, it may be difficult to
determine which threshold crossing to use. In such
cases, if the receiver input buffer hspice model is available, I find it
preferable to use the output
of the input buffer for the timing reference. DRAM
address/control busses may exhibit such characteristics
depending on how the device array is routed.

John Carrillo

John Carrillo
(408)858-2788(cell)
(408)265-0950(home)
jcarrillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 31 Jan 2002, Todd Westerhoff wrote:

> Okay, folks ...
>
> So far we've seen two posts to my question of
> how flight times are measured.
>
> Since we've seen substantial discussion
> recently on questions related to higher
> education and Physics 101, I was REALLY hoping
> to see some more discussion on this particular
> SI issue.
>
> One line responses with a vote are fine. One
> line responses saying "your question doesn't
> make sense!" are even OK. But silence is NOT
> golden in this case.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Todd.
>
> Todd Westerhoff SI Engineer - Hammerhead
> Networks 5 Federal Street - Billerica, MA -
> 01821 email:twester@xxxxxxxxxxx - ph:
> 978-671-5084 are viewable at:
> http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu

List archives are viewable at: