[SI-LIST] Re: Still looking for input ....

  • From: "Nagel, Michael" <Michael.Nagel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:32:18 +0100

Weston,

I agree with your method in terms of function but want to add two things.

Measuring the flight time at the logic levels includes the effect of
dispersion,
especially at really high speed signals or very fast edges.

When the signal to noise ratio is poor the driver strength adds some errors
too
to the measured flight times.

Compromise:

Measuring the flight time at 50% of the signal amplitude for the properties
of the
printed crcuit board and measuring at the logic levels for design security.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Michael