[SI-LIST] Re: Stackups with Microvias

  • From: "Chris McGrath" <chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:04:50 -0500

One thought I had was to breakout to buried vias on layer 2 (originally
proposed as a power layer, the core power layer to be specific) so that
all core power and ground did not need buried/blind vias in the core of
the board.  In other words, the microvias would go down to layer 2
(commonly done and manufacturable) and then the buried via breakout
would be on this power plane with the distance between the signal and
the power plane being the size of the anti-pad.  It has the benefit of
only requiring buried vias for signals and non-core power.  This has
been done by our layout guys before, but I'm interested in hearing
opinions on this approach. =20

Thanks!
Chris

3D"javascript:top.opencompose('chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx','','',''=3D
3D"parse.pl?redirect=3D3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Fwebpage%2Fs=3D
>    4=20
> 3D"javascript:top.opencompose('si-list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx','',''=3D
>    5=20
> =
3D"parse.pl?redirect=3D3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fsi-list.org%2Fwiki%2Fwiki.pl%3F=3D
3D"parse.pl?redirect=3D3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Farchives%2F=3D
>    8=20
> =
3D"parse.pl?redirect=3D3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fgroups.yahoo.com%2Fgroup%2Fsi-l=3D
>    9 3D"parse.pl?redirect=3D3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.qsl.net%2Fwb6tpu"
>=20
> or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:=20
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>=20
>=20
> List FAQ wiki page is located at:
>=20
> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.org
>=20
> List archives are viewable at:    =20
>  =20
>=20
> or to administer your membership from a web page, go to:=20
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>=20
>=20
> List FAQ wiki page is located at: