[SI-LIST] Re: Stack up for EMI reduction, plane resonance and u-s trip radiation etc etc

  • From: "Istvan NOVAK" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "steve weir" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:31:46 -0500

Steve,

Something is not clear to me in this argument.  Via fence stitches planes
on the same DC voltage; mostly people stitch the ground planes.
Are you concerned about the cavity formed of GND-GND planes?
This might be a concern on boards where there are very few
components which would break the cavity with their vias.
On boards where you have many components, the necessary
ground vias will create probably sufficiently small sub cavities.

Regards,

Istvan