[SI-LIST] Re: Split Ground Planes

  • From: zhangkun 29902 <zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:05:21 +0800

Dear all

Splitting ground plane or not depends on the system. In most situation,
splitting ground plane is not a good recommend. The return path of the signal
would be affectted. At very low frequency domain, the ground plane should be
properly cutted in some situation to avoid resistance-crosstalk. The phenomanon
could be detected by means of VNA of low frquency domain, such as HP 4395A.

Unless the situation is carefully studied, splitting ground plane is not
recommended.

I hope this will help.

Best Regards

Zhangkun