[SI-LIST] S-parameters in Cadence Spectre

  • From: "Suresh Subramaniam" <ssubram@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:43:42 -0700

Hello Experts,

I am wondering if any of you out there is using S-parameters in the
Cadence Spectre environment. I am using two ports in a .s32p file in a
simple sp analysis to confirm that the Spectre generated insertion loss
and return loss match the HFSS plot of the same. I am there
qualitatively but the numbers don't match. I have tried to play around
with the order for the rational fitting process but to no avail.  My
next stop is Cadence support but thought I would check in with the
community to see if anybody had the "secret sauce" figured out.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Suresh Subramaniam

List technical documents are available at: