[SI-LIST] Re: Solder & Paste Mask Properties

  • From: "David Hoover" <dhoovy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <AdeelM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:36:23 -0700

Well I know what "tenting" is. Tenting is a method of having the soldermask
image being a solid ink across the via (pad and all). Today's PCBs are
really more of a "via plugging" because today's LPI's don't tent worth a
darn.
I'm not so sure about the "over-ride"option except maybe the opposite where
the full via pad is exposed (like in the case of an ICT test probe location
on the
opposite side of the BGA component).

Cheers,

David Hoover