[SI-LIST] Re: Resistor Network

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pvincent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:53:01 -0700

Patrick,

We use 8-pin Rpacks (4 resistors) for high speed bus termination, including
DDR, all the time.  The trick is to provide a very good termination plane and
fill
area behind the resistors, low impedance mounting and breakout techniques,
and one 0.1uF X7R capacitor per R-pack.

i would not recommend the integrated SSTL-2 termination that some vendors
are providing, as I expect the crosstalk and SSO on these packages will be
quite high.

I am not much of an advocate of RC termination, since it can be extremely
sensitive to edge rate, and data frequency.

best regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow