[SI-LIST] R: Too much predicted loss

  • From: "Guasti Giovanni" <Giovanni.Guasti@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <yang.you@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:10:04 +0200

I don't think a little change in dielectric thickness could change =
losses of 8dB.
What about the real thickness of copper? depending on pcb manufacturer, =
layers where via and buried holes start and end increase their thickness =
(for example top and bottom) for exampre from 18um to 30-40um. So losses =
can reduce if your traces are on that kind of layers.
Hope this help
        Giovanni