[SI-LIST] Re: Question about split gnd planes/"tools to predict Radiated Emissions"

  • From: "Andrew W. Riley III" <drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:17:02 -0700

Howdy,

>> do u think its good that the tool allows
>> the merging of two nets without a DRC error

No, I believe using a net short capability in any package is bad design
practice
and I strongly urge and suggest other ways to work around it.  Though in the
end, it is the customer or more senior design engineer at my current employer
who makes the final decision because I want all of us to be pleased with the
product.
If I must short the nets, I will put a note in the readme file with the
offending object's X:Y coordinates included with the manufacturing files.
Thanks goes to the Cadence forum as well as this list that I did not have to
learn this issue the hard way.

Cheers!
Drew