[SI-LIST] Re: Public domain IBIS models

  • From: Russell Dill <Russ.Dill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:35:36 -0700

> Can you explain, as there appears to be some confusion on the definition of
> public domain models on the list. That I say based on a few private email
> interactions I have had.
>
> I think it would be worth clarifying / reclarifying for the list.

Public domain, as in releasing any claim of copyright. Works with a
retained copyright but a permissive licensing scheme (BSD, MIT, etc)
would also work. An example of that type of licensing scheme would be
the one that IBM often uses in code that it distributes through the
IBIS Open Forum:

LICENSE AND DISCLAIMER

This material contains IBM copyrighted sample programming source code
("Sample Code").  IBM grants you a nonexclusive license to compile, link,
execute, display, reproduce, distribute and prepare derivative works of this
Sample Code.  The Sample Code has not been thoroughly tested under all
conditions.  IBM, therefore, does not  guarantee or imply its reliability,
serviceability, or function.  IBM provides no program services for the Sample
Code.

All Sample Code contained herein is provided to you "AS IS" without any
warranties of any kind.  THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGMENT ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.  SOME
JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE
EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.  IN NO EVENT WILL IBM BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF
THE SAMPLE CODE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING
SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGES.

COPYRIGHT

(C) Copyright IBM CORP. 2000
All rights reserved.
US Government Users Restricted Rights -
Use, duplication or disclosure restricted
by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
Licensed Material - Property of IBM

> Also what is you specific interest or requirment in public domain IBIS models?

To distribute as part of a test suite and with example circuits.

> Sincerely,
>
> Admin at  @PristineSignals
>
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

List technical documents are available at: