[SI-LIST] Re: PCI at 66 Mhz

  • From: MikonCons@xxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:54:22 EDT

A 5-slot CPCI system operating at 66 MHz is straight forward if you do your
design carefully. I have successfully executed same on two occasions over a
year ago for military aircraft upgrades (F-18 and F-22). Obey all the SI
rules, use 10 Ohm series terminations (as per the PCI specification, and no
termination diodes are necessary), and you will find proper settling within 5
ns for all drive strengths, and compatibility with 33 MHz cards as well.

There was also a paper that demonstrated the same success presented at
DesignCon99, but I don't recall the author.

Respectfully,

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting
(408)727-5697

            *** Serving Your Needs with technical Excellence ***