[SI-LIST] OT: RoHS

  • From: "Martin Euredjian" <ecinema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:11:22 -0700

Can anyone suggest a concise reference to RoHS regulations?

I am looking for data with which to analyze assemblies to determine
compliance.  I've been led to believe that the rules are kinda-sorta
unwritten in that a good deal of being in compliance is a function of such
things as projected volume of product shipped into the region and other such
variables.  In other words, if you are shipping a million phones per quarter
into the region the tolerance for HS is very low, however, if you only move
four gizmos per month you might not even have to worry about it.  True?

Who is the cetificate issuing body (if there is such a thing)?

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian
eCinema Systems, Inc.