[SI-LIST] Re: ODT Impedance on DDR2

  • From: "Cusanelli, Tony" <tony_cusanelli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Hermann Ruckerbauer" <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "sudarshan kr" <sudarshankr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:06:12 -0700

Disclaimer:  I WORK FOR MENTOR GRAPHICS  however, below is the header
from the DDR report. It is quite long, so it wraps in this email, but
you can see that we do compensate for derating.

The eye diagram does not use AC DC rules, it just shows the waveforms.
However, the timing measurements that are used in the spread sheet do
follow the DDR spec and use AC and DC thresholds when appropriate.  The
wizard allows you to experiment with different ODT configurations.

Here is the header row for data bit simulation:

Net Name        Pass/Fail       Operation       Driver Comp Ref Des &
Pin Name        Receiver Comp Ref Des & Pin Name        Associated
Clk/Strobe Net Name     Associated Clk/Strobe Driver Comp Ref Des & Pin
Name    Associated Clk/Strobe Receiver Comp Ref Des & Pin Name
Clk/Strobe Crossing Threshold Time, [ns]        Setup Time (From Sim),
tDS, [ps]       Min Setup Time, tDS(min), [ps]  Base Setup Time,
tDS(base), [ps] Setup Derate Time Delta, d(tDS), [ps]   Required Setup
Time, tDS(req), [ps]    Setup Time Margin, tDS(margin), [ps]    Hold
Time (From Sim), tDH, [ps]      Min Hold Time, tDH - Initial Delay
Delta, [ps]     Base Hold Time, tDH(base), [ps] Hold Derate Time Delta,
d(tDH), [ps]    Required Hold Time, tDH(req), [ps]      Hold Time
Margin, tDH(margin), [ps]       Stimulus Offset, [ns]   Comments

Regards,

Tony Cusanelli
Applications Engineer Consultant
http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/analysis-verification/