[SI-LIST] Re: Need some help...Conducted RF immunity test...

  • From: Lfresearch@xxxxxxx
  • To: trobinson@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:19:54 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2004 1:53:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
trobinson@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> This test basically takes an AM
>
> modulated signal with a 3V level in the range of 150k to 80 meg and couples
>
> it into all I/O and power cables using a bulk current injection probe clamp.
>
> Our system is detecting the induced interference and shutting down
>
> indicating a fault condition exists. Unfortunately this is considered a
>
> failure for this test. Has anyone had any experience trying to comply to
>
> this test. We have tried filtering several critical signals to prevent the
>
> faults, but the induced signal seems to everywhere. Any suggestions would be
>
> helpful at this point.

Tom,

first and foremost, do you have to use the inductive clamp? This is the least
favorable method of running this test. If you have the option, rerun using a
CDN, or EM Clamp.

The main difference is that the BCI clamp will not damp cable resonance's
like the CDN and EM Clamp will... Because setup greatly influences cable
resonance's, you will find poor repeatability too.

3 volts is reasonably easy to achieve, but without specific details on your
interface, power inputs, if the system is mainly Analogue or Digital, it's
tough to help, Any info you are prepared to share?

Cheers,
Derek Walton
L F Research EMC Facility

List FAQ wiki page is located at: