[SI-LIST] Re: Mixed digital/RF board with switching power supplies

  • From: Istvan Novak <Istvan.Novak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 14:55:00 -0400

Mikhail,

It might be worth checking to see if the spurious signal that pops up is
a ringing on the switching edge rather than the harmonic of the
switching frequency.  If it is ringing, you may be able to reduce it
substantially either by using an appropriate second source of changing
the converter layout (in case it is your embedded design).

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems

Mikhail Matusov wrote On 07/06/07 14:28,:
> Hi Christian,
>

>>1. What is the average magnitude of the current through the PWMs?  What
>>different voltages?
>

> The currents are in the range of 100 mA to 1A. The input voltage to the
> switchers is 5V and the output voltages are between 1.1V and 3.8V.
>
> 2. What kind of inductor does the switching circuits use?
>
> It's Coilcraft magnetically shielded MOS6020 series.
>
> 3. Proximity to the RF circuitry?
>
> Close. I am going to set up a web page with some pictures and post a link in
> a short while...
>

> /Mikhail

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Istvan Novak            Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Istvan.Novak@xxxxxxx    Workgroup Servers, BDT Group,
                        One Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
                        Phone: (781) 442 0340

List technical documents are available at: