[SI-LIST] Re: Minimum eye opening of 8b10b encoded signals

  • From: Dave Instone <dave.instone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "T.K. Jeon" <tkjeon@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:01:37 +0000

Hi TK,
    according to the SATA II spec Table 4, for Gen1i and Gen1m there is
no Tx minimum Voltage measurement interval specified, in fact there are
many holes in that table for 1i and 1m and  my interpretation of 6.1.1
of SATA II is that it states, somewhat unclearly, that the existing SATA
1 spec applies to these variants.  SATA  1.0a does show an eye although
it states ' The EYE is more of a qualitative measurement than a
spec.........Nonetheless this method is useful and easy to set up in the
lab.'

Regards
Dave Instone

List FAQ wiki page is located at: