[SI-LIST] MDDR Routing in Different impedance

  • From: "Embedded" <hw_si@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Dec 2009 04:43:17 -0000

Dear Experts,
In our design, we are interfacing two MDDR (Clock=133MHz, Data Rate=266MHz)in
daisy-chain topology.
We are using three inner layers for MDDR signal routing.

Due to stackup and trace width restriction, in two layers we are maintaining
the single ended impedance as 60 Ohm and in another one layer we are getting
only 55 Ohms.

So while switching the signal routing from one layer to another layer there
will be impedance mismatch. The MDDR signal in one layer will see 60 Ohm and in
another layer it will see 55 Ohm.

Is it okay? or Will this impedance mismatch create any issue?

Looking forward your suggestions. Thanks in Avance.

Thanks and Regards
MR

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net