[SI-LIST] IBIS in HSPICE Question

  • From: "Timothy Coyle" <Timothy.Coyle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:14:36 -0500

Hi,
I am having a problem using an IBIS file in HSPICE.  This IBIS file was
made from the Bench, and includes V-T data.  The device is an LVDS driver.
When I simulate
the IBIS file in HSPICE, the Voh and Vol levels are correct, but at the
transition of the inverting and non-inverting LVDS outputs, I get "spikes"
and the outputs do not
cross at Vos.  The setup is 10 Mhz with just a differential resistor of 100
Ohms.  I tried using the V-T data and just the Ramp data as well.  The IBIS
data looks valid
as far as I can tell. It passes the parser with no warnings or errors.  It
seems strange that this IBIS file works fine in other simulators, but does
not work at all in
HSPICE.  Has anyone encountered this before or have any suggestions?

Regards,
Tim

List archives are viewable at: