[SI-LIST] Re: How to get RLC equivalent model from S parameter of the passive component

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: harrison_cls@xxxxxxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:09:17 -0700

Harrison,
There are a number of issues to consider
including how you will be mounting your part and
over what frequency range you need to model.  The
wider the frequency range that you need
contiguous and accurate results for, the more
complicated the model.  A four pole pair model is
generally good past 1GHz which should be enough
for almost any power application.

Istvan Novak, Larry Smith, and others have a
number of papers out on modelling and measurement
that you can find on Istvan's site
http://home.att.net/~istvan.novak/index.html
or elsewhere on the web.  If you would like to
see my papers you can go to www.x2y.com, or www.teraspeed.com

Good luck.

Steve.
At 07:52 PM 9/6/2006, fei xue wrote:
>Hi,All,
>
>   In fact, I want to modeling the accurate capacitor, inductance and bread.
>
>   If I have got the accurate S parameter of the passive component,
>How can I modeling the RLC equvalent model of this passive component?
>
>   Is there any advice about this topic? Anything will be help.
>
>   Thanks & Best Regards
>Harrison
>harrison_cls@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>2006-09-07