[SI-LIST] Re: High speed signal-return path

  • From: Vinu Arumugham <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: olaney@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:21:23 -0700

3.125Gbps signals such as XAUI can have up to 75ps of differential skew.
This means (i) significant currents have to be supported by the
power/ground impedance (ii) any noise between power/ground will affect
the differential signal.
At 3.125Gbps edge rates, low power/ground impedance is difficult to
achieve. A high density of such signals can make it even more challenging.
A high power/ground impedance shared by multiple differential pairs
results in crosstalk between the pairs.

Thanks,
Vinu

List technical documents are available at: