[SI-LIST] Re: High speed probe station

  • From: Gary Otonari <garyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:49:20 -0700

GigaTest's manual probe station has the following features:

* Large area for motherboards, backplanes and other PCBs and assemblies
* X,Y and Z axis control of probe manipulators and probing stage (for
probing large populated boards and other "3-D" structures)
* Fine resolution positioners, accurate for fine-pitch packages or
die-level/ on-wafer structures
* Compatibility with standard micro-probes from Cascade Microtech and GGB
Industries (Picoprobes)
* Flexible Microscope and Video options

We use this probing solution for nearly all of our TDR and S-parameter
measurements, including multi-port, differential tests.

Check out our website for more information:  www.gigatest.com

-- Gary Otonari

==================

Jason D Leung wrote:

> Hi all,
> Recently,our team is trying to have a closer look on the High speed
> probe station,
> because most of the time without the High speed probe station we can't
> do any accurate measurement on the backplanes .(i.e we have to cut a
> low loss cable by hand , and then put the signal lead on to the
> backplane
> with the ground from the cable touching the ground on the backplane
> nearby, also we wanted to do the calibration right at the probe tips).
> Basically , we are trying to do some direct TDR and S-parameter
> measurement on the high speed backplane.
> Is there anyone out there have any information related to this high
> speed probing station and the approximate cost.
> I know this area is very broad, but it is very helpful if I can get some
> more
> first hand information from you.
>
> thanks alot for your help
> Regards