[SI-LIST] [Fwd: Re: Re: Adding trace length for timing adjustment]

  • From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 02:12:00 -0700

Tegan,

Are you sure that the simulation accounted correctly for the effects
encountered in a serpentine?  Some board level signal integrity tools do
not simulate same net coupling across a serpentined trace.  And, even if
they do, no board level tool will account for the corner effects, which
cannot be accounted for in quasi-static field solvers.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow