[SI-LIST] Re: [Fwd: [IBIS-Users] static/dynamic overshoot/undershoot definition]

  • From: "Beal, Weston" <weston_beal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:47:02 -0700

Perry,

Since this is a noise issue, the location of measurement should be determined
by Si_locaton, a sub-parameter of [Component].  The value can be "Pin" or
"Die".  If this sub-parameter is not specified then the EDA tool will make some
assumption so the answer to your question is specific to the tool that you use.
 The tools that I'm familiar with assume "Pin" for most simulations.

Regards,
Weston

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:06:13 -0400
From: Perry Qu <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBIS group <ibis-users@xxxxxxx>

Hi,

Can someone let me know in IBIS spec, where the static/dynamic
overshoot/undershoot is defined ? At packaging pins or at die ?

Thanks

Perry

--
Perry Qu

Design & Qualification       |      600 March Road
Alcatel Canada               |      Ottawa, ON K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: (613) 7846720           |      FAX: (613) 5993642

|  help
|
|or email a written request to ibis-request@xxxxxxxx
|
|IBIS reflector archives exist under:

List archives are viewable at: