[SI-LIST] Re: Fw: Re: The Ground of VNA

  • From: "databits" <databits@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<zhang_kun@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:03:37 -0500

The other piece that seems to get forgotten is that placing the =
instrument
"grounds" on both sides of a lossy return path (all return paths are =
lossy
:) ) can effect how measurements relate to simulations relative to the
actual circuit performance ... (This includes models from measurements,
right Dima).

Correlation requires modeling what you measure... and measuring what you
model...  then the $64,000 question... Do the measurements and the =
models
(that hopefully match) have any relation to actual system performance. =
Oh
the joys of simulation and test...

ap