[SI-LIST] Re: Finding Er (Permitivity)

  • From: "Juergen Flamm" <jflamm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <for_si2003@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:29:45 -0700

How about a simple approach like using a capacitance meter to measure =
the capacitance between two copper structures on adjacent layers? =
Knowing the capacitance, all it takes now is to determine the =
overlapping geometry area of and distance between the two conductor =
elements to determine the dielectric constant.
If done with care this will give you the low frequency value of Er, =
which should be a good starting point.
=20
 Juergen Flamm