[SI-LIST] Excel:an excellent tool for SI?

  • From: yu.yanfeng@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:35:30 +0800

All Gurus,

Although Microsoft's Excel is applicable to some of SI's calculation,  but
It's not a pratical method for recursive calculations, because it's
running time is very long. Ofcourse, I believe you can writes own codes
for SI analysis. As we known, lot of engineers often write Mathlab codes
to do thier analysis. But Do you consider whether the running speed is
comaparable to those commercial tools which dedicated to SI? Writing codes
and writing speedy codes are different things.

Ultraeditor will replace 10,000,000 instances of a character in seconds.
Notepad also can do same things but in hours, Wordpad in less hours,
Winword in ten minutes.

Yanfeng Yu
Sr. Engineer
Nanjing R/D center, ZTE Corp.
63 Gongqingtuan Road, Nanjing 210012
Phone: 86-25-52872410
Mobile :13505159475
Mail: yu.yanfeng@xxxxxxxxxx

"Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
·¢¼þÈË£º si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-09-30 10:48
Çë´ð¸´ ¸ø bdewitt

        ÊÕ¼þÈË£º        <reanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        ³­ËÍ£º
        ´«ÕæÖ£º
        Ö÷Ì⣺  [SI-LIST] Re: Recursive calculations in spreadsheets

Ray, all:

To reinforce your information, I have verified Ray's compatibility issue
with OpenOffice under both Windows XP and Linux.

Brent DeWitt

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org