[SI-LIST] Re: Equations for creating twisted pair transmission lines?

  • From: "Russell D. Moser" <r.moser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:18:41 -0400

To all;
 Juliusz has had (and continues to have) a stellar career in em modeling and
simulation going back about 20 years or so; and I am sure that his solver(s)
merit attention.

 My points on the "real world" variability of multi-conductor cable
assemblies are captured well in a report I saw recently on the KRONE
(www.krone.com) web site.

 While not endorsing any single company or product, this report entitled
"Making_the_impossible_Possible", was a good work that contained a good
thesis and, most importantly, excellent in my judgement)supporting
photographs and diagrams on how these cables can vary not only as a result
of manufacture but even as the result of installation.

In closing, I extend my best wishes to Juliusz and Scott for continued
success and spirited technical discourse on this reflector.

 Now, onto my coffee.

Regards,
___________________
Russell D. Moser