[SI-LIST] East Coast SI / High Speed Design Engineer Available

  • From: "John Nieznanski" <jnieznan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:38:46 -0400

Hello SI-List subscribers:

Please pardon this self-promotional commercial announcement.

I'm looking to make a move to a progressive, leading edge technology
organization and market leader who can utilize my broad skill set and extensive
background in high performance electronics, photonics and system
packaging/integration.

My hands-on skills and experience includes:
- 10Gbps (OC-192) optical transponder / transceiver design
- design of embedded control systems for MEMS and LC optical cross connects,
lithium niobate modulators and other optical components and network element
modules
- low cost OE test equipment design (pattern generators, error detectors) for
10G devices based on high performance FPGA's with SFI-4 interfaces
- signal integrity analysis (timing budgets, noise margins, etc.) and
interconnect design for PCB's and MCM's including modeling, simulation,
measurement and characterization up to 12.5G in the time domain and 50G in the
frequency domain
- electrical, optical and physical interface modeling and design
- optical / electrical device, connector and package characterization
- hands-on physical design and layout of high performance PCBs and MCM's
- electronic package design / optimization
- vendor / supplier management
- project leadership / group leadership

Specific design / analysis / modeling tools I have used include:
- H-Spice / P-Spice
- ICX / TAU
- XTK / XNS
- HyperLynx
- ADS / HFSS
- I-Connect
- schematic capture, layout, logic simulation, synthesis, DRC, LVS, parasitic
extraction

Measurement equipment I have used include:
- TDR/TDT, high bandwidth (50GHz) scopes
- communications signal analyzers
- bit error rate testers
- vector network analyzers
- optical and electrical spectrum analyzers

A more complete description of my background and a MS-Word copy of my resume
can be found online at:

http://nieznanski.tripod.com/resume/

If you can utilize my skill set and experience, please contact me so that we
can explore areas of potential mutual interest. If you know of potential career
opportunities which may be a match for my background, I would appreciate any
leads or contacts you may have so that I can follow up directly.

In closing, thank you very much for your time. We now return you to your
regularly scheduled programming!

Best regards,

John Nieznanski
Corning Inc.
Supervisor, Specialty Design
Photonic Technologies Div. / Applied Research - Advanced Control Systems
Corning, NY 14831
(607) 936-0896
(585) 381-5367
e-mail: jniez@xxxxxxxxxxx