[SI-LIST] Re: ESD, shoes, and hospitals...

  • From: "Tom Dagostino" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zabinski.patrick@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:53:42 -0700

Testing equipment will likely expose any issues with them and static.  =
When
the issues are exposed there is a high probability that the instrument =
will
die.  The response to static will be one of three, no effect, disrupts
operation, destroys unit.  It is likely that the manufacture of the
equipment has already done the static discharge test as part of the
certification process.  There are likely standard to which these pieces =
of
equipment must pass.

I think most semiconductor fabs have test equipment that everyone who =
enters
the fab must use to show the anti static protection measures the fab has
employed is working.  You might want to check out what they use.

Tom Dagostino
Teraspeed(R) Labs
13610 SW Harness Lane
Beaverton, OR 97008