[SI-LIST] Decoupling Analysis for analog rails

  • From: Balaji G <bala89si@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:53:04 +0530

Hi all,
   We have analog and digital rails on our board. In case of Digital rails,
we assign the VRM as source and provide the Lslew, Rflat, L0, R0 values to
it and we get the PDN frequency response. In case of Analog rails where we
have a ferrite between the source and load, VRM will not be present if an
Analog net is selected. Should I consider the ferrite as source and check
for decoupling? Is it a correct way of checking decoupling for analog
rails?  I believe most of the tools available doesn't consider the ferrite
bead in decoupling analysis eventhough its assigned with a model. I will be
happy to implement, if there is a suggestion.

Regards,
Balaji

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: