[SI-LIST] Re: Daisy chain approach

  • From: Wang Xiao-yun <wangxiaoyun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:25:46 +0800

Hello, Bob:
  I expect to see a ledge on load1. If the termination well matches the
line impedance, the amplitude of the ledge will be Vin/2, where Vin is
the initial voltage. Given the length from load1 to load2 is 2", the
duration of the ledge is the flight time of 4", approximately 600-700ps.
So the clock edge on load1 will be degraded to 1.6-1.7 ns. If the
receiver can tolerate the degrasion, it's OK. Otherwise, I suggest to
end-terminate the line on load2.
  Best regards.

Bob Patel wrote:

> HI! I wanted to know what are  the limitations in
> using daisy chain approach from a driver driving two
> loads and using series termination.
> The rise time of the driver is 1ns.
> Frequency= 77MHZ and L1 from Driver to load1 =2.5" and
> L2 from load1 to load2 =2"max.
> When I simulate this topology I don't see much signal
> integrity issues like ringing etc and the flight times
> are also within the budget.
> Is there something else I should look at?
> Thanks in advance.
> Bob

> List archives are viewable at:

Wang Xiao-yun
Shanghai, China, http://go.163.com/philharmania

ÉÆÊØÕß²ØÓھŵØ֮ϣ¬Éƹ¥Õ߶¯ÓÚ¾ÅÌìÖ®ÉÏ£¬¹ÊÄÜ×Ô±£¶øȫʤҲ¡£
--¡¶Ëï×Ó±ø·¨ ¾üÐεÚËÄ¡·

List archives are viewable at: