[SI-LIST] DF spec for PCB materials

  • From: Nagy István <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, I am trying to select a material for a few projects (small add-in cards as
well as ATCA) that will support 10GBase-KR 10Gbps and similar signals.The
better but still non-exotic materials datasheets all state typical DF (loss
tangent) values around 0.004-0.009, but all say spec value of 0.035 which is a
lot higher. I am guessing that the spec value may refer to the closest IPC
slash sheet category?Do you work with typical or spec DF values for your
~10Gbps board designs?What is the relevance of the two numbers for larger
series production? Regards,Istvan NagySr. Hardware Development
EngineerFortinet, Sunnyvale CA

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: