[SI-LIST] Re: DDR2 SODIMM AT SPEEDS ABOVE 533Mbps

  • From: "Moran, Brian P" <brian.p.moran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j.jebakumarsamuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:24:04 -0700

Samuel,

I work in SIE for mobile platforms and my experience has been that Tin
order
to make 2 DIMM/channel work with a common ADR/CMD bus you will want to
look
at a couple things. A strong output buffer Ron of 13-15 ohms, and a low
impedance
motherboard trace of 30-40 ohms, between the controller and first
SO-DIMM
connector.  These will tend to open the eye. Note that we also found
this
configuration very difficult to implement in a mobile form factor and so
we
generally provide separate ADR/CMD channels for each connector. You
might
want to consider this option as well if possible. However, the 2 DIMM/ch
can
be made to work if you have a strong driver and room to route the low
impedance
bus.  Every application is different, but this
is what we found to be the case.  =20

Brian Moran
MPAD-PED Group=20
Intel Corp.