[SI-LIST] Re: Chip level IBIS Modeling.

  • From: Ray Anderson <reanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 07:28:25 -0700

Siva-

I don't believe that  learning about IBIS model generation in detail as
you have requested is one of those things that is going to realistically
happen on a mailing list such as si-list and ibis-list.

There is a lot of info on the web about IBIS. Try looking over the
following sites as a starter. Learn what you can there from the
documents and papers you find and then follow the links on those pages
for further info:

*ANSI/EIA-656-A IBIS Home Page: *_*http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/ibis.htm*_
*IBIS (I/O Buffer Information Specification) page:**
*_*http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis*_
*IBIS Utilities page from Teraspeed:**
*_*http://www.teraspeed.com/ibis_resources.html#utilities*_
Lynne Green's Green Streak Programs (IBIS and SI on-site training) [
_www.greenstreakprograms.com_ <http://www.greenstreakprograms.com> ]

Some of the above mentioned web resources  have links to online
seminars, published papers and other useful info.

Perhaps enlisting the services of a consultant who specializes in IBIS
modeling could solve your immediate need for models and at the same time
contribute to your knowledge of the subject.

Good Luck,

Ray Anderson

palaniappan.sivakumar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Experts,
>
>It would be of great help if any one could let me know how the Chip level IBIS
>modelling is done.We would like to understand the chip level IBIS models and
>its generation in detail.
>
>As we know chip level IBIS modelling includes number of Pins and its pkg
>parameters, how do we include pad pins and pkg parasitics?
>
>Can I specify more than one pkg models available in more than one .pkg file in
>to an IBIS model? if so how?
>
>Can any one know where can I get some guidelines for Chip level IBIS model
>creation.?
>
>Any guidance would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in Advance.
>
>Regards,