[SI-LIST] Basic HSpice question in using AC, DC, Tran commands

  • From: Ria R <ria_rr_84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:11:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gurus,
  I have a very basic question about the difference in using the .ac, .dc or
tran commands in HSpice
  Now the deck I am writing is very simple.
  I am trying to simulate and look at the response when a single ended
microstrip is simulated.
My circuit comproses of a voltage source (5V), the transmission line itself
(Z0=50 ohms), and a load resistance (50 ohms)
I am trying to look at the output when R=Z0, R=short and R=open
Also, next I am planning to look at differential traces in place of single
ended etc.
Now my question is: What type of stimulus should I use? .AC, .DC or tran? When
should I use what and what are their benefits?

This is more of a learning experiment I am doing. So please send all your ideas
to make this experiment more interesting and more informative for me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards, Ria.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net