[SI-LIST] Re: Basic HSpice question in using AC, DC, Tran commands

Hello Ria,You can look what happen if you put a pulse in source voltage (ex
Vinput in gnd pulse (vl vh td tr tf pw per) the circuit would be a generator
with internal resistor of 50 ohms too, the transmission line and finally the
load.
You can change the resistor value and look with function (tran, probe) the load
voltatge.

I hope help you.

This web has a visual aplication flash about this issues:

http://www.amanogawa.com/index.html

B.R

Núria

> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:11:01 -0800> From: ria_rr_84@xxxxxxxxx> Subject:
> [SI-LIST] Basic HSpice question in using AC, DC, Tran commands> To:
> si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Hi Gurus,> I have a very basic question about the
> difference in using the .ac, .dc or tran commands in HSpice> Now the deck I
> am writing is very simple.> I am trying to simulate and look at the response
> when a single ended microstrip is simulated. > My circuit comproses of a
> voltage source (5V), the transmission line itself (Z0=50 ohms), and a load
> resistance (50 ohms)> I am trying to look at the output when R=Z0, R=short
> and R=open> Also, next I am planning to look at differential traces in place
> of single ended etc.> Now my question is: What type of stimulus should I use?
> .AC, .DC or tran? When should I use what and what are their benefits?> > This
> is more of a learning experiment I am doing. So please send all your ideas to
> make this experiment more interesting and more informative for me.> > Thanks
> in advance,> Regards, Ria.> > >

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: