[SI-LIST] Re: Areas of research

  • From: Jack Olson <pcbjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Blanchard <john.blanchard77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:46:01 -0500

For me, that was a top ten bizarre question of the year.
You've worked most of a career in PCB development but
ask someone else what you want to research?
I would suggest you start what with you're interested in.
Otherwise, the Electrical Conductor Spacing Table 6.1
in IPC-2221 could use a serious overhaul
http://frontdoor.biz/PCBportal/clearance.gif
(100V needs .13mm but 101V needs .4mm? really?)

Otherwise, sorry to respond without any useful advice,
but that just struck me as such a strange question!
It reminded me of the day my parents told me I could
move back into my old room if I went back to school, ha.

Anyway, (sorry for blurting) I'm curious which universities
are doing PCB research these days?

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM, John Blanchard <
john.blanchard77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm currently looking to pursue a research in the field related to printed
> circuit boards in one of the universities. I've worked most of my career in
> the field of design/development/manufacturing of PCBs. I'm still unable
> to pick up an area of research to work on. I'm looking for inputs from the
> experts on this group. It would be of great help if you guys can point me
> some resources/publications or even suggest a potential area which I can
> then develop on.
>
> Regards
> John

> List technical documents are available at: