[SI-LIST] Re: Adding trace length for timing adjustment

  • From: "Salkow, Steven" <steven.salkow@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'doug@xxxxxxxxxx'" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:35:03 -0700

There are many factors including mutual coupling to itself and neighbors.
Capacitance and mutual inductance fall off with distance hence for the
minimium trace to trace values used in your circuit to avoid crosstalk
similarly width spacing applies. Under the ideal condition, it may not
matter which way you choose but if you are pushing nearest neighbors or
scrimping on trace to trace due to routing density issues, snake like
sequential loops may be best for you. Use curves not 45 dgree bends to avoid
discontinuities.

Steven Salkow
Lockheed Martin
3200 Zanker Rd