[SI-LIST] Re: 3D solvers (was Signal crossing Split plane)

  • From: Alina Deutsch <deutsch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, Barry J Rubin <brubin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:47:25 -0500

Joel,
If you would like to learn more about 3D solvers, please contact Barry
Rubin, brubin@xxxxxxxxxxx Our 3D solvers are posted at
www.alphworks.ibm.com/tech/eip
Regards,
Alina
Manager, Interconnect and Packaging Analysis
Advanced Server Hardware Systems
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center

1101 Kitchawan Road, P.O. Box 218
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
email -  deutsch@xxxxxxxxxx
phone - external : 914-945-2858,  internal :8-862-2858
fax: 914-945-2141

Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/26/2007 08:59 AM
Please respond to
Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS

joel@xxxxxxxxxx
cc
si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[SI-LIST] 3D solvers (was Signal crossing Split plane)

Joel,
Prentice Hall just published a new book called "Timing Analysis and
Simulation for Signal Integrity Engineers."  I am the author.  The book
contains two chapters and an appendix on 3D modeling from square one.
Since I'm an SI engineer, I wrote for fellow SI engineers.  Hopefully
you'll find it a digestible treatment of a difficult topic.  Peruse the
Safari version of the book on-line to see if it meets your needs.  The
hard copy is relatively affordable.

Greg

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity
IBM Global Engineering Solutions
3605 Hwy. 52 N, Dept. HDC
Rochester, MN 55901
gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Joel Brown" <joel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Signal crossing Split plane
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:40:26 -0800

I have to say this discussion is over my head.
I have very little experience with 3D field solvers but would like to get
some. Are there books or educational material on 3D solvers that would
help
me to understand how to use them and get results that are somewhat
realistic?

Joel

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net